Physical therapy is an ideal option for people who are living with chronic pain. At Oklahoma Hand and Physical Therapy, we are committed to assisting our patients in determining the root cause of their pain and developing customized treatment plans that will allow them to live full and healthy lives again.
We’re here at our Tulsa, OK physical therapy clinic to help you get back to living your life without nagging pain.
What should I know about my first physical therapy appointment?
- Upon your arrival at our office, you will register at our front office. They will help you with the insurance and treatment process so that you can focus on having the best recovery possible.
- Next, our physical therapist will meet you for your initial assessment. They will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury during your assessment. Try to be as honest as you can; open communication helps us to understand your problem better!
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be assessed during your appointment. This information combined with what you tell us about your problem will help us develop a plan to get you feeling better and meeting your goals faster!
- Our physical therapist will recommend and prepare a customized course of treatment to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Some treatments will be performed on the first day to get you started on the road to recovery. However, you will get to the full swing of your treatment plan during the next visit.
- After your therapist has finished, you will schedule a series of visits at the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be dependent upon the advice of your therapist, and will also be discussed with you at your first visit.
- Your therapist will write their findings and plan for treatment to be submitted to your referring physician or any other medical professional you choose.
We offer a lot of convenient appointment times, but prime times can be busy, so it’s best to book ahead as much as possible.
If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure you are satisfied and have a complete recovery.
How can I prepare for my first appointment?
It’s a good idea to make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List out signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist. What has been hurting or bothering you? For how long?
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- Please call our office at (918) 645-3143 to verify your insurance benefits beforehand.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID with you.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.